Saturday, October 23, 2010

Autumn Foliage On The Delmarva

Not quite full color Yet, but almost!
Beautiful
water is still warm here
and crystal clear blue
I was just standing there, allowing the wind to blow me accros the pond, when I noticed this turtle floating out in front of my board, checking me out. As I brought the camera to bear, I startled him and he dove for cover under the bed of see grass.  Can you see him there off to the right? He was diving for cover.. Click on the picture to enlarge to full screen...
so many ponds, canals, rivers to explore by SUP here in Delaware
Water is very clear this time of year. From the standup perspective, you're at the perfect vantage point to really check things out and get up close to nature

the water depth here is about 5 feet

I love saw grass
Come out and try one of our eco-tours... Our latest eco-tour is the Oyster Rocks to Milton Paddle. A 10 mile guided paddle down the lazy Broadkill river, ending up in Milton for lunch and perhaps a tour of historic Milton.
Delmarva Board Sport Adventures, leading the way on the Delmarva for windsurfing and standup paddle board rentals, sales, and eco-tours.

Come stroke it with us this fall. Now is a great time to learn to windsurf and standup paddle board!

ps-solid forecast this week, and it all looks to line up for a wave sailing session beginning Monday afternoon. Stoked!

No comments: