Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sesh 2: Tower Road

***All photography Janis Markopoulos***
If you like these pics, show the photographer some love. The entire gallery is available for viewing or purchase here

.....so after ripping my hand open during the first sesh down on Assateague, we redeployed north to Tower Road in Delaware. Lots of of good stoke on the beach as we all appreciated the absolutely fabulous conditions we were scoring: SW 30 gusts to 35+.
The fact that most if not all of us were poaching (playing hooky) and scoring on a Thursday made it that much more special.

I arrived around1pm, threw down a lightening rig of my 4.7, and hit the water.
Sam
Jake looking solid on the RRD 76 ltr thruster
Andy
Bob showing off the bottom of his RRD wave twin
small ramps but no complaints

dialed

Windsurfing is rocking here on Delmarva 
working on my transitions
Sam laying some rail
unkown sailor out there rippin'
My RRD 75 quad ltd rips
Ted Pfarrer
Sam was lining up these starboard ramps
Andy blasting out
Sam and I had a blast pacing each other. Lots of hoots and hollering was going on I assure you
Bob...even on his small kit, he is still The ZAMBONI
Jules and Donna even pulled out their windsurfng gear
Donna
line em up
yeah bruddah
Ken- you inspired me to work on my 360s again
came close today
close....
but...
no cigar this time!
Bob again
Andy

Sam you were ripping today!
Ted
Jake
The Dewey crew consisted of myself, Andy Pierce, Bob Ramsey, new comer Jake Agoos, Sam Postlethwait, as well as a host of others.
Fall windsurfing season in full bloom here on Delmarva..Come on out and get some

.....ahhhhh still buzzing from that Azz sesh :)

live2sail

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to send you a note to thank you for turning my on to the RRD 90L Special Edition Wave Twin. I was looking for a single board to replace older wave board and my old school 90L bump and jump board. This board is amazingly versatile and easy to learn the new style stand up loose tail feel. I am a larger sailor (6' , 205 lbs) and find this board the floatiest and easiest to plane small board I've ever been on. Once I have it on a plane, the board tracks up wind great and I can maneuver thru tuff conditions with confidence with the short 235cm length. With the twin 16cm fins, I can launch and sail in very shallow conditions which is a huge bonus at the different venues I sail in Delaware. The board is still new to me since I have not sailed waves with it yet, but I am sure it will leave me with a big smile once I get it out there also. I highly recommend this board and thanks again for this magical ride.

Bob Ramsay