Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Law Of Averages

After a surprising second half of July and pretty decent follow up for the first week of August, we've not had much action up here in Maryland/Delaware since early August. A drought that now stands at about 3 weeks. The calluses on my hands are getting soft for Christ sake!

While a windless streak is most certainly difficult to accept, I prefer to look at the glass as half full.

The streak is coming round, and we're due, if only based on the law of averages, for some honking wind. Have faith guys, we'll be blasting any day now. In the interim, I try my best to hit the gym at least 3 times a week (can't seem to be that consistent however) just to stay in shape. I most certainly visualize windsurfing maneuvers all day long. Especially looping. Hell, yesterday, I tossed over a hundred forwards, on both tacks, in my mind, and sailed away from all of em!

Headed out to the coast now to pick up the windsurfing van from the beach house.
I keep it there during the meat of windless-east coast summer. But now, with September two days away, and Wavefest two weeks away!!, I need my gear close at hand for rapid deployment.
Gotta run now.

Needs no introduction:

No comments: