Friday, August 1, 2008

When I Grow Up, I Wanna Sail Just Like Keith

In case you haven't had a chance to see the August issue of the New England Windsurfing Journal, Keith McCulloch got the cover shot. Congrats Keith! On top of that, my wife Janis Markopoulos took the picture. Thats two months in a row now that one of her photos has made the cover of the NEWJ! Congrats to both of them!


In addition, Bill Bell wrote a great wrap up story to the Hatteras Loop Fest.

The biggest surprise: my wife submited a story to Peter while I was in Avon and hit my first forwards. I loved it and laughed about the photos! And every word of her story is true. I owe a lot of my success to her support.

Oh, and don't miss my short story reflecting on my experience looping for the first time. Man that seems so long ago.

We're headed out to the Delaware for the weekend. Forecast is mediocre, but if past weekends are any indication, forecasts are meaningless and I should have my 5.6 Simmer rigged. We're hopin' for some afternoon thermals on the DELMARVA.

Along the way out Route 14, you drive thru lots of farm land, and tonight we stopped to snap a few shots of this crop duster who was out for an evening sesh:

He was screaming parallel to the highway maybe 10 feet off the ground:



My wife says when she grows up she wants to fly crop dusters. That guy was rockin!! That was really fun to watch.



And now to turn my attention, energy, and focus to the next event:
Hatteras Wave Fest 2008

Bring it on!



The event is designed not only for experienced wave sailors, but also for the less experienced who are interested in learning to wave sail, I HIGHLY recommend that you register and get down to Hatteras the second half of September. If my experience in June was any indication, you'll walk away having taken your sailing to a new level.

No comments: